TITLE: Account Executive, PR & Communication
DEPARTMENT: MLB China
REPORTS TO: Director, Media and Content
1. The Account Executive will implement PR & communications plan for MLB China about the league's products and local events.
2. The Account Executive will implement MLB branding strategy in China and grow fan interest.
3. The Account Executive will manage social media partnership to increase MLB’s fan base, especially young fans in China.
Implement PR strategy for MLB in China
1. Supporting year-round PR & communications strategy and execution for MLB in China that increases the visibility of the brand in China.
2. Writing press releases, crafting messaging and securing stories in influential media outlets about MLB and local events in China.
3. Landing stories within national and regional media, including influential tech, digital, sports trade, media, business, lifestyle and news publications.
4. Providing PR support for global news/content, local/regional events, emerging technology, and analytics initiatives
5. Working closely with Partner PR to develop and execute strategy related to MLB China local partnership.
6. Supporting and executing crisis management plan that can be implemented if needed.
7. Preparing league executives for interviews with media.
8. Supporting creation of fact sheets, company overviews, presentations, talking points, and other projects as needed for Programming
Brand Development & Fan engagement
1. Generating ideas and innovating within baseball analytics to grow fan interest in the game and the MLB brand.
2. Connecting with cross function teams to align and implement brand strategy.
3. Working with external partners to design online & offline marketing campaigns.
4. Leading brand campaigns, delivering brand core message and uplifting brand equity.
5. Managing multi-agencies across creative and social in campaign execution.
6. Managing social accounts or social activations on behalf of a brand.
7. Be responsible for collecting, analyzing, maintaining, and presenting MLB and baseball data in support of MLB China media and events operations decisions.
8. Assisting in selecting new initiatives and executing long-term projects aligned with the goals of the MLB China development strategy, and implementation of technologies to improve fan engagement in China.
1. Candidates should have strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Chinese.
2. Candidates should have experience to grow an international brand in China.
3. Candidates should have strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Weibo, WeChat, QQ, QZone, Douyin, Tiktok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
4. Candidates should have the ability to work under pressure, strong entrepreneur spirit, always maintain positive attitudes.
5. Candidates should understand and have passion for baseball.
6. Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities